15 November 2018

I am Enough QAL

I mentioned before that I am participating in the I am Enough QAL hosted by Melanie at Southern Charm Quilts.  You can see my previous post and details here:
http://emilyscupboard.blogspot.com/2018/10/adventures-in-low-volume.html

There are prizes if you submit work in progress photos, but these are for US residents only, I don't mind as the pattern is free and I am really enjoying having this as my machine project.  We had a little bit of hand embroidery this week and then started joining some of the sections.

The quilt will be roughly the size of my design wall - a nice lap size, but as you can see from all the white space, we still have some work to do!


I am really happy with the ombre effect french Braid which will form one side of the quilt, it is really difficult to photograph!






The 'I am enough' embroidered quote and the maker's hand blocks are a nice touch



But my absolute favourite has to be the centre Dresden Plate, which was designed to be the colour wheel for this project - such a clever idea.


Most of the coloured print fabrics are from a layer cake of 'English Garden' by Rifle Paper Co for Cotton & Steel and a FQ bundle of 'Wild Bloom' by Bari J for Art Gallery

6 comments:

  1. I like the braid too that is nice and the Dresden Plate is very pretty. I rarely do the quilt alongs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your quilt is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful. Yes, the braid has worked very well indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your french braid, and not because it's french ;-) And your hand! my two favorits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been sure of what to do in the centre of my colour wheel, but after looking at yours, now I know! I can't tell if yours is "cherry" fabric, but cherry trees hold a sentimental place in my family's hearts, so I'll looking thru' my stash for some cherry fabric today....thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely blocks, this is going to look great!

    ReplyDelete