28 October 2018

Finished and Bound

I have finished the hand quilting on 'Happy Days' the 2016 BOM from Sarah Fielke. It was the first time I used a big needle and thicker thread; I loved how this turned out and will definitely do this type of hand quilting again.  The top is all Liberty Tana Lawns apart from the background which is a small grey pin dot on white from Marsha McCluskey staples collections.  I used Hobbs Quilter's Dream Request Cotton Batting and Aurifl 12wt Threads. You can see this quilt coming together in my previous posts:

http://emilyscupboard.blogspot.com/search/label/Happy%20Days














12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful finish--this is definitely an heirloom quilt--love that bunny;))) great job--hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so lovely! A beautiful quilt! Your stitches still look tiny. What needle and thread did you use? I'm on the verge of doing the same thing with some of my tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderfully done! your stitches are small and you are so neat with your work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Your quilt is beautiful. The quilting adds wonderful texture. It's a gorgeous finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic finish!! I really **have** to finish up my Rabbit Hole top. I've ignored it plenty long enough. I have to tell you, Elaine, every time I open your blog, I absolutely love the photo of your cottage that fills the view. It's beautiful and timeless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Applause! I just purchased the 2018 patterns from Sarah. Hope I can find some time to start on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely! You must be so very pleased with how it has turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Elaine. So happy to finally find your blog. We were years ago in the same group in The Hague. I'm Annie, the french woman. My blog "des tulipes et des coeurs" And we are now back in France. Big kisses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has turned out so pretty. Such a soft colored quilt - it just calms me down. You do such lovely work.

    ReplyDelete