02 December 2018

6 and 6 in 2018 Year End

Way back in January I signed up with  Meredith and Ann  for their 6 & 6 in 2018 Challenge; the idea was to make substantial progress on 6 old WIPs whilst also being allowed to start 6 new.

I am really pleased with the progress I have made this year, after a couple of years of a quilting slump and feeling down by how little hand work I can now do,  I feel excited about what I can achieve.


Here are my 6 old - Clicking on the title should show all the posts
This was my first big finish of the year, quilted, bound and on my bed :)





This was the 2016 BOM from Sarah Fielke, I have finished the hand quilting, using a large needle and Aurifil 12wt, so much kinder on the hands ๐Ÿ˜ƒ I love how this one turned out. Click on the title above to see more photos of the hand quilting.





I am still not 100% sure how I want to finish this one, I think I have a plan but I need a few hours to work it out - First finish of 2019 maybe ??



I finished the blocks I had made into a quilted pouch for my light pad



5. Dear Jane

No progress on this at all this year, I am finding it really difficult to EPP as my hands have been bad, need to rethink this whole quilt, maybe hand piecing?


6. EPP

Abandoned and fabric back in stash, I really wasn't happy with this and again found the EPP hard on my hands.



I did start some new projects this year, I need to pull them out and see where I am with them as I put them all on hold to make two Queen Sized quilts for my boys.

One in Blue & White


The other in Red & Gold


I had them both long arm quilted, and I am really pleased with how they turned out - two very different quilts for two very different brothers! Ready to gift for Christmas. I will share more photos once they have been gifted.

Of Course none of this would have been possible without my trusty helper ๐Ÿ˜€



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are all so beautiful, such amazing work!!! I love EPP but it also kills my hands..I found if I place a pillow under my arms and they are lifted, keeping my arms more straight I have less issues.

    Anyways, back to your quilting...oh my goshhhh these are truly amazing, what a treasure for the family. You have me wanting to go out on a limb and try and be as creative as you.

    Bravo ๐Ÿ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful years' worth of pieces! I can no longer do EPP either--(waaah); and have switched over to Diamond Painting as it is very easy on my hands...
    Your pieces are just so beautiful--I'd be hard pressed choosing one over the other for a favorite...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too really like EPP but it is too hard on my hands also. I found hand piecing much easier on my hands - my thumbs on both hands have gotten worse this past year. I hope you come up with a way to finish your Dear Jane or maybe turn what you have into a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, well done - even better than just "substantial progress" on most of those...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "Down the rabbit hole" and the colors your choosed. I have in my mind to make the list of my unfinished projects. I made a list of my unfinished embroderies... But first, finish the arrangement of our sweet home. Enjoy your work for your boys :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I am half way thru Stonefields - and Down the Rabbit Hole is still in the Hole! Take care and continue on with beautiful quilts for 2019!

    ReplyDelete