05 July 2019

Another Finish!

I have finished the hand quilting on my 'I am Enough' quilt.  It went really fast with Aurifil 12wt and a large needle. The combination of machine quilting in the ditch for stability and then adding hand quilting details is something I plan to do more of on future quilts, it's much kinder to my hands and quicker!











I treated myself to some new fabrics to celebrate! These are from Bari J for Art Gallery from her 'Virtuoso' and 'Bloomsbury' ranges, along with some of the Pure Elements co-ordinating solids.



I plan to make the 'Cherish' quilt by Tales of Cloth, it's EPP and I've had the papers for months!


I am having great fun selecting fabric combinations and making a complete mess in my sewing room!


9 comments:

  1. very nice work!! it looks like combining two methods worked for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt came out beautifully! Love the colors;))0
    EPP is always fun and nice and slow-going..you have time to cherish and pet the fabrics along the way..lol hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful finish! I'm going to have to try the machine grid and then hand quilting to finish. I have so many tops waiting to be quilted. Looks like you are having fun figuring things out in your sewing room. I can hear the enthusiasm in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But a wonderfully colourful and creative mess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your finished quilt, great colour combo! And I like how you have combined machine & hand quilting, very effective. Your new fabrics look tempting, I have a few from the 'bloomsbury' range that I'm keen to mix in with my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice finish! Interesting quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful finish! I too love the idea of stabilizing with machine quilting and then hand quilting the rest. Works out so very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I love the design and the colours. Well done on hand quilting, I like the used the sane thread as you, it gives the quilt so much more interesting finish, don't you think?
    xx

    ReplyDelete