24 January 2018

Bessie's Back!

My sewing machine is back from being cleaned and serviced, while it was away, I did some cutting, and today I was able to sew!

First thing I did was to sew these donated charm squares...




A baby topper , this will go to charity, but first I will bring this to quilt group and see if we have any bright fabrics for borders, nothing I have is suitable.


Then I pieced the background for the centre appliqué on Grasshopper, ready for when we start




Finally I made a block book to keep the blocks flat while I work on the quilt


I used this embroidery of Jasper in our garden that has been lying around since I finished it


I will use the block book I made for Happy Days to keep my simple Folk blocks in


All ready for the first blocks...


of course I couldn't have done it without my helper 😀


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful embroidery ( and helper :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Elaine

    Love the Block Book Idea. Your helper keeping you company, is just the cherry on top. Your Grasshopper quilt, is it your own design?

    Best wishes.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks likes you're all ready to start the new projects. The fabrics you have chosen are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your helper is such a sweetie. Love those fabrics for your baby charity quilt. I have those very same ones in my stash. Gorgeous embroidery of the sweet house and garden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have the Bessie back and ready for action...

    ReplyDelete
  6. How do you make the block book I searched google and your blog but did not find anything on how you place it together. I think that is a great idea I did see that Sarah gave you the project to begin with but not sure where to find her blog. Thank you and glad you got your machine back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to reply to you but you are a no reply blogger so my emails don't get through! This was a bonus pattern from Sarah for signing up to her Grasshopper BOM; there are a few books with instructions on how to make block books, my friend made one like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzl61a71st4

      Delete
    2. Sarah's blog is http://thelastpiece.typepad.com

      Delete
  7. So many beautiful blocks and projects keeping you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Jasper embroidery block book! I remember you sewing the embroidery, great use of this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your block book is beautiful. So very special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is so nice to have one’s sewing machine back. I have a similar machine, the 430 which is not the QE. Aren’t you smart making good use of your time by cutting fabric so you were ready to sew when machine came home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh!!! Your block book is wonderful. What a good idea for Simple Folk, instead of using a box like I do. How did you make a block book? The embroidery of your cottage and garden and Jasper is truly amazing, both in appearance and concept.

    ReplyDelete