02 December 2020

Gnomes!

I made some more blocks for my Nordic Penny Sampler quilt; I really like the colours and the blocks I have made so far, but I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the pattern. It was originally an online course with pattern releases and blog posts showing techniques etc, which probably worked fine but the finished pattern is just a PDF (480 pages) dump of all these posts making it very hard to follow, coupled with the fact that you need to print the patterns onto legal paper which is not easy to find here in the UK means it is not a pleasant stitch.  So these are going back in their box for now and....





... I started a new winter lap quilt....

This is from the winter edition of Quilts Moderne (a Quiltmania magazine) you can buy these digitally directly from Quiltmania, I do generally prefer a print magazine but I didn't want to pay postage or wait for it to arrive from France!

I had to buy the grey essex linen for the backgrounds but everything else came from my stash.





It was so much fun to make! now I just need to put it all together and figure out how I am going to quilt it. I need to finish the fused edges of the hats, so will probably blanket stitch/quilt them and machine quilt in the ditch around the figures, then hopefully some fun big stitch hand quilted snowflakes sprinkled around.





6 comments:

  1. quite a lot of gnomes you have there - I'm thinking of doing a table runner with one on each side if I ever make the time to do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute gnome quilt. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun blocks!! Making me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a cheerful and seasonal quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm quite taken by your nordic penny blocks. And I love the Quiltmania blocks as well. Actually, I like everything you stitch.

    ReplyDelete