11 June 2020

Knitting

I have been doing quite a bit of knitting these last few months, I find it is really helping the arthritis in my hands :)

I finished 'Daffodil' by Marie Wallin, I loved knitting this in Rowan Felted Tweed, it is a lovely cosy jumper for spring, but I did have to concentrate on the pattern, it was so easy to go wrong! Ravelry Notes here https://www.ravelry.com/projects/suller/daffodil



I decided to knit something simpler next, as we were going to Cornwall for a weeks holiday, we came home just before the country went into lock down so we were lucky to be able to go.  It was nice to knit something relaxing in our cottage after walking parts of the costal path.



I chose 'Imagine When' by Joji Locatelli, I had been saving this special skein from Dye for Yarns for I don't know what :) so I decided to use it and I'm so glad I did, I love the colour and the wool/camel blend makes for a very soft beautiful wrap.




I heard that Craftsy/Blueprint have gone bust, so I have been watching all my classes again in case they disappear! Does anyone know if you can download them to keep?

I signed up for a Fair Isle class as I really want to get better at it, but I didn't like the class project so didn't start. I subscribe to The UK Knitter magazine, they have nice designs that appeal to me. I cast on Green Lane by Mary Henderson from  issue 146 and I am watching the class videos as I work. 

I didn't like the original colours so I changed them :) After looking at the photos I swapped out the Lilac for a darker Purple which I think works much better.



It has a lovely lacy rib edging which I really like, some of the traditional Fair Isle designs look a little old fashioned to me.



The colour work is taking a long time as I am finding it awkward to knit the background colour English Style (my preferred method) while holding the contrast colour in my left hand Continental Style.  It's knitted in the round and then steeked so it's all knitting no purling, hopefully I will get faster :).

P.S. I am no longer afraid of steeks (cutting your tube of knitting to make an opening) after completing the Icelandic Cardigan last year - This was another Craftsy Class that I loved, it's such a shame they are no longer in business.














3 comments:

  1. right now you can not download Bluprint classes but as they were setting up to go out of business they said they were working on a plan so that everyone could keep their classes and to refund everyone the money spent on subscription plans. So far now word has been said on how they are going to fulfill this statement. We all have classes we wish to continue to review and watch and I hope they stick with coming up with a solution - if they don't they will probably be taken to court over it - a lot of people spent a lot of money on classes.
    Love all your knitting - I wish I could knit like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a lot done - and yes, it's absorbing and interesting when you have to concentrate to avoid mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty knits. I adore the Cornwall coast - I've never been there but it sure does look pretty.

    ReplyDelete