05 June 2019

Finally Some Quilting!

Over the last few days, I have been quietly catching up on the 2019 BOM Coming Home by Sarah Fielke.  I put this in time out for a few weeks as I knew I wanted to make some changes but I couldn't make up my mind what exactly!


as soon as I saw the small centre houses on the original sketch  I knew I wanted to go with a Vintage seaside theme.


I made the fabric choices quite quickly and pieced the centre


Having found a wonderful seaside print fabric, I changed the stars in the next round for more circles so that I could do some fussy cutting.



However I got stuck when it came to the corner blocks, I definitely didn't want to make the large tulip design as although I really love the whimsy of it, it didn't fit with my seaside look.  The blocks went into time out for a few weeks while I mulled it over.  I decided to wait for the release of part four, make some of the next border houses and then decide.  This worked well and once I had found some whale and dolphin fabric, the choice of more circles was easy :)


I really enjoyed picking the fabric combinations for the next row of houses or in my case beach huts, lots of opportunity to fussy cut fun fabrics


I am now caught up apart from the appliqué (most of this is just glue basted) I have everything in place and am really looking forward to sitting stitching in the garden over the next couple of weeks.








7 comments:

  1. I like the vintage seaside theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I! Especially the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is coming together really well - a great use of the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty, and I like how you have made it "yours" with the beach scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you're making this quilt your own. It's going to be beautiful. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that looks fantastic! Love your colour choices, and the seaside look is great! x

    ReplyDelete