06 April 2018

Startitis!

I am still finding it hard to settle on a particular project 🙁I have started no less than 3 BOM's this year already and it's only April! I have justified each as they are pattern only and I am using stash only for 2 of them 😀

Two are by Sarah Fielke

In January I started  Simple Folk, a mix of piecing and appliqué


I started with a Nordic inspired Red, White & Blue FQ bundle and then added some Dutch Chintz scraps I had to the mix, I have the first 3 blocks appliquéd and the 4th prepared. After a lot of indecision I am really happy with my colours for this one.





The pieced blocks will stay as Red, White & Blue I think, lots more machine piecing to do!


In February I started Grasshopper, all hand work "It's all about the journey Grasshopper" again a BOM by Sarah Fielke

I bought a gorgeous fabric for the back, the rest is mostly stash



No stitching, but I have prepared some of the border blocks for hand piecing








Finally, in March I started Jen Kingwell's Template only BOM 'Golden Days'

This is her quilt so far

It is a very busy quilt and I love it, but I don't think I have the confidence or experience to mix so many different colours together, so for my version I plan on a limited colour palette inspired by the 100th anniversary of Women's Suffrage here in the UK of Ivory, purples and greens. (with a sparkle of yellow 😀)


I am almost finished the first block


No new starts in April yet 🤣

14 comments:

  1. I love your projects....lol, of course I would as I am also doing two of them. My hand-stitching is on hold for a couple more weeks as I need to finish quilting my Down the Rabbit Hole in time for our upcoming quilt show. I am going on a quilting retreat in May, so it would be nice to have some Grasshopper ready to take along for that in the evenings. I'm still awaiting my templates in the mail, they are taking a long time, but that's ok since I can't start anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you - I keep starting so many new things lately I'm not sure why I can't just continue on projects already started and why I start more. I do intend to finish but for some reason I love applique quilts but I have a hard time just working on them to finish

    ReplyDelete
  3. The idea of picking a limited palette for that last one is very good. And very suitable for this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you are doing the reverse applique on the Simple Folk block for this month. I've been considering an alternative also. I think your limited colors will really look great on Golden Days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such great projects! I am especially loving your Simple Folk version though! The colors/prints are wonderful looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some beautiful projects started, lots of variety with techniques and color palettes. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colours you have choosen for your projects are lovely. I love the addition of dutch chinz. I have started a few new projects this year in stead of finishing projects. Not doing what I planned but enjoying it never the less. And I can understand that you have started a few new projects, they are lovely and must be a joy working on them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily, i love your projects, love the fabrics. As you I also found it hard to make a quilt with so many colors, but I jumped in with both feet when I started the Tea Party Quilt by Wendy Williams. My mother’s comment (so busy, ugly, too loud, you better stick to one or two colors) made me go all the way and I’m even using shimmering fabrics as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are braver and more Type A than ever this year! But I love all 3! good for you! You will have some beautiful quilts when complete!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good reason to start more....giggle. I never try to justify anything I do that has to do with quilting.....just have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! And I thought I had a bad case of startitis! Love what you're doing - enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Simple Folk design. Suits my style.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my! Everything is so pretty! I must say, I don't mind your starting so many projects. They are all quilt designers and quilts that I've wished to do, but that I will never do. So I'll enjoy watching your progress on them all! Love Sarah Fielke and Jen Kingwell

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO many lovely projects and so many Lovelyyyy fabrics to Elaine. You have been busy and you are going to be even busier I'm thinking. Thanks for sharing these lovely fabrics and projects loved my visit to day it has cheered me up. . Cheers Glenda Who's in bed with a bad head cold!!!!!

    ReplyDelete