29 April 2018

It's Been a Funny Month...

I can't believe it's the end of April already! I have very little to show for it sewing wise.  My husband took 3 weeks of annual leave and we managed two separate trips away.  We have been walking in the Peak District National Park and the Shropshire Hills, much to the delight of a certain Goldie 🤗



we also managed a day trip to the seaside - This is Lulworth Cove in Dorset


I had some appliqué prepared to take with me and some knitting,



 but I was so tired each night after all the walking that I did very little, we did have some lovely weather and it was nice to sit outside and stitch a couple of times. I finished Block 1 of Golden Days and started on Block 2





I really like the colours I have chosen, I don't normally use purples and have very little, so I bought a FQ pack which arrived while I was away.


I think these will play nicely with my stash fabrics I pulled earlier.


In other exciting news - Down the Rabbit Hole arrived back from the long arm quilter just before I left!  Part of me really wishes I hand quilted this, but realistically if I want to use it any time soon, machine quilting was the only way to get it done! I had it custom quilted, so I could add a little hand quilting if I like.



Binding went on this afternoon, and as it is about to turn colder again, it will be nice to sit and hand stitch it down in the evenings; I might get this finished soon!


12 comments:

  1. your view looking over the cliff to the ocean is beautiful - would love to see something like this - I am rarely by either of the coast in the US but did live near one in the east many years ago -- your quilts are all looking great

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what the Golden Days design looks like but I like the block you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Walking in the Peak District and around Shropshire Hills, enjoying all the beautiful vistas sounds rather lovely. How amazing is that view from the cliff! Your Down the Rabbit Hole is a sublime treasure. A most amazing feat of a quilt! Oooh.....I love all those pretty purple fabrics. I look forward to seeing what magic you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're Down the Rabbit Hole is almost ready to use. It's so lovely. I enjoyed the picture of Lulworth Cove, it's stunning. Lucky you to be able to enjoy it firsthand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a wonderful couple of weeks. It makes a change to be out in the wilds instead of sitting quietly stitching - equally pleasant in different ways!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Down the Rabbit Hole is so pretty! Can't wait to see it finished! Hand quilting takes so long -- and I somehow never have the patience to finish something despite enjoying the process. Love your block WIPs and the threads you have to use -- gorgeous to see them all out! The knitting looks pretty too. Glad you got to get away. It's always nice to have a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a lovely time away. How exciting about your DTRH. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely scenery for your little get aways. Your applique blocks are wonderful and the additional purples add more variety. Congrats on getting your quilt almost finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the appliques look lovely. What's the thread you're using?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Elaine
    Really enjoyed seeing all the beautiful country side and all your applique. You have all your threads organised so well. Which ones do you use for applique?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to get your Down the Rabbit Hole quilt back! I know what you mean about wanting all the good ones to be hand quilted. Oh well. We can't hand quilting everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh what lovely projects! Wonderful hand stitching too.

    ReplyDelete