20 March 2017

None of the Above

Thank you to everyone who took the trouble to comment on my fabric choices for Dear Jane.  I decided to go to back to basics and look again at what attracted me to this quilt in the first place. I quickly decided that I really loved the warm antique looking feeling of it. I knew that as much as I loved some of my options on my previous post, they would not work for this quilt
http://emilyscupboard.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/my-love-affair-with-jane.html

Browsing a new book on colour selection for embroidery, I came across this picture


Who doesn't love chocolate covered marshmallows! One of my favourite quilts is this lap quilt I made several years ago, I loved the colours then and I still do





I also love this hand quilted one...




I think it is fair to say I like pink, brown and cream quilts :)  I have pulled all my pink and brown scraps


I have a big drawer full of ivory tone on tone and shirting scraps that I can mix in. I think I will use this warm cream for the sashing.  I have stitched a couple of blocks and I like the colours


I have a few more ready to stitch but I think this will work


12 comments:

  1. The blocks look great. Sometimes that hardest thing ever is to pick out what "we" like, not what the magazines tell us we should like, not what other blogs like, but just the simple process of what looks good to us. I wish I could see the fabrics you have picked out in real life, such pretty fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those blocks do look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is going to be lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choice and I totally agree with all of the above, stick with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See I knew you would choose a great palette...which is also a favourite of mine. I crocheted an afghan in cream, brown and pinks several years ago. This is going to be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be so pretty! Your fabrics are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a good idea to go back and review what you loved about it. Your colours look very restful and your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that color combination too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete