27 July 2016

An Hour a Day at Least

I have made great progress this week on my Liberty Sampler, by following Meredith's challenge to stitch for at least an hour a day, I have turned this pile of blocks
into these...


 I love the parrot!



They all need pressing and squaring up, but it turns out I can sew and talk/listen at the same time!
We celebrated my mum's 70th birthday while she was visiting and I managed to get a rare photo of the two of us together, it's a complete coincidence that we are wearing matching colours!
I am off on holiday for a couple of weeks, I still have some blocks prepped
my little scarecrow project bag is packed and ready to go!

13 comments:

  1. You're making great progress there - amazing what an hour a day will do, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blocks, nd such a lovely family photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely blocks - have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great progress. It is amazing what an hour a day can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely picture of the two of you. Nice blocks. Enjoy your holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your liberty blocks. Nice photo of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely photo of you and your Mum. An hour a day has certainly produced a lot of progress - well done.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice blocks :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elaine lovely to see a photo of you and your mum, seeing you both in Simlair dresses made me smile. Enjoy your holiday and hope to see some of your photos here. Your little bird block is so cute. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks looks lovely - you've achieved lots! Have a fabulous holiday and belated happy returns to your Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your blocks -- they are so gorgeous!! Happy belated birthday to your mom! I love the pic of the two of you together! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing valuable information. Library Cupboard
    Furniture
    | Student Desk

    ReplyDelete
  13. The floral fabric made a very pretty Dresden Fan style block.

    ReplyDelete