02 February 2016

Quilting again

It feels good to be quilting again! We received the first month's instructions for Sarah's BOM, I was a bit nervous about cutting into my Liberty fabrics, but I like the way this block has turned out.
The background fabric has a small grey pin dot, I think it works. Most of the fabrics I have are quite cool...
I have ordered another charm pack, the 5" squares will be perfect for the connecting star blocks we have to make and should provide some variety and warmer colours.

I am still knitting my mystery shawl, there was a prize for the first one to finish, I knew that would never be me!
I treated myself to a little gift from Loch Broom Pottery to stop my yarn running away

I couldn't resist the Highland Coo!
I have been listening to the Radio 4 book of the week from a couple of weeks ago as I work, I really love having someone read to me! I have ordered the actual book so I can read an unabridged version. It has some wonderful descriptions of Orkney and the power of nature to heal.

14 comments:

  1. I recently saw a wooden bowl to use for yarn with a cut out on the side - it was so pretty - I think knitting and looking at that bowl would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yarn bowl is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A quilt brimming with Liberty fabrics; how wonderful! Your first BOM is lovely, as is your mystery shawl. Such a pretty colour and pattern. That bowl to curtail your runaway wool is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first block in the liberty fabrics looks beautiful . Love the bowl and so handy. The shawl is looking gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it all. I have set aside quilting for knitting progress, but it's time I get back to it! Your yarn bowl is great. I can sympathize with fabric cutting anxiety. I have some beautiful pieces for YEARS before I get the nerve...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your yarn bowl with the different holes and the little Highland Cattle is so cute! I have a wooden knitting bowl and use it all of the time. You shawl is beautiful oh my! I have yet to try a quilt but I think I will start out with just laying out some squares and sewing them together. That will be a huge accomplishment for me because although I’ve sewn for years I rarely get it these days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilting is gorgeous!! I too am knitting that mystery shawl and I'm only on clue 2....not sure I like the fabric I am getting so I put it to the side for now. I love the yarn you are using for yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the fabrics you've chosen for your Sarah Fielke BOM!! So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Liberty fabrics look so pretty in this block. I follow Sarah Fielke on Instagram so have been treated to various versions of that block. Love the subtle colors of yours. Nice mystery shawl -- the color is lovely! And the yarn bowl!! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful block! The fabrics you selected are going to make a very colorful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those Liberty fabrics are awesome! What a beautiful quilt they will make.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Liberty fabrics. Beautiful knitting, and I most certainly agree about abridged books. You are busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Liberty fabrics. Beautiful knitting, and I most certainly agree about abridged books. You are busy, busy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your yarn bowl and those fabrics are beautiful! Off to check out that BOM

    ReplyDelete