When we first saw our current cottage 3 1/2 years ago, I was thrilled that it had a real fire in the living room. I had seen photos of the Mellerstain Firescreen in various magazines and knew that I wanted to stitch it for our cottage. I ordered the kit and when it arrived I panicked at the size and scale of the embroidery! I only knew how to stitch a few basic stitches at that point.
Sophie and I feel ready to tackle this monster! I was really pleased with my Robin crewelwork piece and feel confident that I can stitch this one!
Sophie has assured me that I am more than ready, and kindly said that my silk shading was neater than the sample piece :) There is nothing like a confidence boost from a respected teacher to get you motivated, so yesterday I took the plunge
No time for stitching today as I am busy getting ready for the masterclass with Susan Smith tomorrow, I have way too much fabric etc packed as I don't really know what we will need. I am really looking forward to it.