13 September 2014

I can't get enough of Sunflowers or Susan Smith!

The Sunflowers are still looking wonderful, we walked across the river this afternoon, so we could see the view of our cottage from the other side.
The sunflowers still make me smile every time I look at them...
I am also enjoying appliquéing them on my version of Susan' Smith's quilt Queen Daisy.

I decided to try and find some more yellows to use in the rest of the quilt, and so I logged onto one of my favourite online shops 'the running chicken' well I didn't make it to the fabric section! because you will never guess what I found on the home page!! Not only is Karen offering Susan's wonderful Stonefields quilt as a BOM (yes I did sign up for it!)
Even better - Susan is offering a one day Masterclass on her new pattern 'Prince' which is a wonderful lap quilt filled with hexagons and circles. The class is about a 50 min drive for me so I signed up straight away, I can't wait!
Have a look at the pictures Karen has posted here (I didn't want to share without permission)

The class is in two weeks but I have my fabrics pressed and good to go :)


12 comments:

  1. Wonderful applique. You cottage is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I'm envious that you are taking the class and BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky to get into the master class - can't wait to see what you make with that pile of lovely fabrics. Love the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the middle of making Sue Ambrose's Briar Hill (prince) just now. I have seen the original 1800 quilt which is owned by Janet O'Dell here in Melbourne Australia. It is ver large and has mag nicest Chintz's in it. Enjoy your class. Looking forward to seeing your version.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your class. It's lovely when that sort of serendipity happens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how exciting is that! have fun . Love your fabric choices and oh I do love sunflowers, they just always make me smile
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Elaine,
    Have fun with Susan in class and with making the Stonefields. I certainly did when making mine. It's nearly finished but almost sorry when it is... It's a very happy quilt to make and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.
    Regards, Coriene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful applique! Love the sunflowers in your yard and in your quilt!
    Fabulous that your taking a master class with Susan! Pretty stack of fabrics you have all ready to go:) love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just spent some time on the running chicken site - lots of goodies there! Love your cottage, your sunflowers and your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elaine your cottage looks so beautiful with the thatched roof, they always remind me of the Jane Ayer time or Charlotte Bronte. I looked up the quilt of Susan Smiths you are planning on making and those fabrics will make a beautiful example of her design, how wonderful you get to do a workshop with her too. It looks like you will have a lot of fun. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete