26 May 2014

There is no stopping me!

I am really enjoying this simple hand piecing project! I have been working on it every evening after dinner while 'watching' TV with the family. I have always enjoyed hand piecing, but normally chose complex designs that are too difficult for me on the machine. There is something really satisfying about piecing a simple design, the squares finish 1 1/2" so each seam stitches up quickly and as each colour is stitched continuously around the previous row, there is no awkward stopping and starting thread you just keep stitching around and around :)
Here it is after row nine...
and some possible fabrics for the next few rows...

8 comments:

  1. You have a fine choice of fabrics there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colours and what a gorgeous block!!! Reminds me of episodes of "the little house on the prairie"..... ;)
    Cute!!
    Have fun, greetz from the Netherlands, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great, enjoy your project !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really looking pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous28/5/14 08:07

    That is looking so good, a really pretty scrappy effect.

    ukcitycrafter@live.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Elaine I agree with you the rhythm of sewing is so relaxing, your quilt is going to be lovely. I have just started quilting a Grandmothers Garden 1inch hexagon quilt and just love sitting there repeating the same stitch and watching the design grow. Now that the cooler weather is here I can curl up under the quilt and quilt and let time go by. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your block colors are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how your quilt is shaping up! It looks so old fashioned and is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete