19 April 2013

SDW Sampler SAL Week 25

After a break of nearly three weeks, I managed a couple of hours on the SDW Sampler, I am always amazed at how long it takes to do each small section and I always grossly overestimate how much I think I will achieve each time I sit down to stitch! I am really enjoying working this piece and the wonderful support offered by my fellow SAL-ers! I have finally started on the Alphabet Band...
Before scrolling down, I took a photo of the piece so far...
Band one detail... still haven't decided if I will complete the Blackwork Band or change it!
Band two...
and finally Band three...
I think I am just over the half-way point! This is a massive sampler and larger than anything I have ever stitched before, I am so looking forward to finishing it and seeing it hanging on the wall :D

8 comments:

  1. Lovely progress - it's magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful Elaine! I am working on the alphabet too. I was able to stitch for a short time last night and did one letter. It is quite amazing when you look at the whole thing at how far we have come on this project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! The bottom part goes faster. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sampler looks amazing. I really enjoy watching this grow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful... and I always underestimate the time it will take me to complete a stitching project too! Maybe that's a good thing. If we dwelled too long on how long it takes we'd probably never start some projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Elaine, this is just gorgeous--I am still working my beginner Dora Sanger's border--you are so right--it is slow work--but so rewarding--AND I've found that I calm right down when I stitch...very serene work...have a super weekend Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its Gorgeous! I too always overestimate how much time it takes to stitch something. But so worth all the time put into a project. Lovely stitching. love Annette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Elaine, that is so beautiful!! I also find that it takes much longer than I think, especially alphabets. This makes my fingers itch to start a large complex sampler again.

    ReplyDelete