15 January 2021

The Dashing Dutchman

Block one of the first of this year's BOM quilts posted this morning and I stitched the block this afternoon, so I am up to date with my BOMs lol!

This is The Dashing Dutchman by a local English Modern Quilt designer, Jo Westfoot from The Craft Nomad some of the girls from my real life quilt group are making this together, we can't meet in person yet as we are still in lockdown but we keep in touch online. It's a fun modern design, not my usual thing but I wanted to stitch along with my friends, I am thinking of omitting the final border and maybe donating it as a charity quilt? we shall see, for now it's a fun stitch.


I bought a couple of tone on tone  FQs from the Thatched collection bye Robin Pickens 
I then pulled all my bright scraps in Rainbow and spotty fabrics, there should be enough for a couple of blocks of each

The Background I had to buy, so I chose Grunge Hots the Spot by Moda in Navy



 


Block one was a nice easy friendship star block, the large flying geese make up the centre Dutchman's Puzzle Block



4 comments:

  1. that is a an interesting pattern and nice bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dashing Dutchman is an eye-catching pattern. All the fabrics you pulled out are wonderfully colourful and vivid. Love the red and white spots in your flying geese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's going to be a very striking piece, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice fabrics and .....woohoo! You’re up to date already! 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete