20 May 2020

Finally Something to Show!

I didn't intend to ignore my blog for so long, I stopped updating as I was receiving a lot of spam in the comments, I may have to change the moderation settings again but we will see how it goes. I want  to start keeping a record of more than just my quilts and knitting, more of a diary of life here at the cottage; I am especially keen to record for myself how the garden is doing each week, so I can compare year on year.

It's been a funny few weeks, we are currently in week 8 of lockdown due to the Covid 19 virus; my husband and son have settled into working from home quite well. My life has changed very little as I walk the dog and clean and cook and garden as usual.  I miss my weekly quilt group but we have managed to chat on Zoom.

I finally started sewing a couple of weeks ago having found it difficult to settle to anything.  Thank goodness for having lots of WIPs that don't require any planning or decision making!

I put the last stitches on 'Coming Home' at the weekend. This was the 2019 BOM quilt from Sarah Fielke. I knew I wanted to make mine smaller than the original so I omitted the final border; it is a large lap size 72" square.  My son helped me to baste it and I stitched in the ditch and round the appliqué with my machine. I have washed it and it has that crinkled look I love.

My inspiration was a vintage beach huts picture and I really enjoyed fussy cutting animals for the doors and windows. It makes me smile every time I look at it!












5 comments:

  1. glad to see you back to blogging again - sorry about the spam that makes it hard sometime. Love this quilt you glad and glad to see it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your quilt finished. It turned out so cute with all those animals in the windows. What a fun idea. Happy you and your family are well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that must have taken a long time! Glad you're back in blog land, and I agree spam is very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Coming Home" is lovely! It seems very appropriate for a time when we are all at home all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, lots of WISPs are very useful right now!

    ReplyDelete