I spent all morning (!) making a zip up tray pouch, the idea is clever but I am not really happy with the one I have made, maybe it needs to settle down into it's shape?
I like that when you un zip it, it forms a tray so you can see the contents easily
After lunch I decided that some faster projects were needed ! I bought a metre each of these fabrics on sale, I thought the Dale horses would be good for my Simple Folk quilt, but it is a very corse open weave cotton.
Not really suitable for appliqué, but good for making zipped project pouches, I really like lined fabric bags for my on-going projects, much nicer than a plastic bag for carrying to quilt group.
I had enough fabric to make a big one and a small one
Finally I wanted to make some kind of portable design pad, so that I could layout my pieces ready to stitch and then pin and roll it up to transport it easily.
This is simply a layer of wadding sandwiched between two pieces of fabric, inside is a padded surface I can pin my pieces to.
Earlier in the week I finished the binding on this small quilt for Project Linus the fabrics were all donated to our group by the family of a quilter who had sadly passed away, our group have made several quilts from her stash and there is a lot more fabric!