12 April 2017

A Little Bit of Stitching

The reason my desk looks like this...


Is because I have being selecting fabrics, cutting fabrics, glueing fabrics over paper, and putting all the little pieces into little baggies...


So that I have some sewing ready whenever I feel like making another one of these little blocks...


I am really happy with the pink/brown colour scheme I have decide on for my Dear Jane; I have lots of scraps in these colours, so I am hoping for a lot of variety in the blocks to stop me from getting bored!

I don't know how much sewing I will get done in the next few weeks, Spring is here, the garden is exploding into life, and my husband is off work for two weeks; If the weather holds, I will be alternating between long walks, weeding and reading in the garden :)

11 comments:

  1. working on your Dear Jane! you are doing it by EPP? I have only seen a couple done that way - should be accurate! I know a lot of my pieces were not very accurate

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is what I need to do with my Dear Jane. Prepare all the blocks and place into little bags. What a great reminder to keep me on track. Your blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized! Enjoy your outdoor time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as though you have a blissful few weeks ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh really great idea--you can just grab a bag and sew...your really are organized...hugs, Julierose (I like that pink/brown combo too;)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color scheme is so perfect for Dear Jane. Oh my gosh, so gorgeous! Enjoy the sun and having your hubby home for 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very organised for your dear Jane the colours sound perfect. Enjoy your spring walks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prepping all those Dear Jane is a lot of work, but an efficient use of your time. Have fun in the garden, not the weeding part, but maybe the relaxing time with a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those wee blocks of your DJ are lovely Elaine and wonderful wonderful colours. What a great idea to make them up in to tiny sleeves so you will all ways have a couple to grab when you get called out. Happy Easter Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with Maggie, such a great way to be organised so you always have a block to grab. You need something like that to stay motivated with Dear Jane, must get back to mine one of these days.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've chosen lovely colours to do your DJ in, I agree with the others the prep for these blocks takes a long time but it's worthwhile when you can just pick up a bag and start sewing.

    ReplyDelete