27 January 2015

WIPs No. 25 - The Scarf

At the end of last year I listed all my WIPs here on my blog; Number 25 on my list was a scarf I started it at the beginning of September. I finished it at the weekend.
I am really happy with how it turned out, it is beautifully soft and long, and looks really nice with my new winter coat.
I especially like the cables

Pattern Notes:
Parkway scarf by Amy Miller
Pashmina yarn by Madelinetosh 75% merino wool, 15% silk, 10% cashmere
Colour Hand dyed 'Sugar Plum'
Needles: 5mm

I really like having a knitting project on the go, I like to sit and knit in the winter evenings and find it really helps the arthritis in my hands. I cast on a small scarf as soon as I hd finished this one.

This is a lovely hand dyed aran wool/alpaca mix by Great Wooly Owl, the colour is "Miss Pettigrew; the pattern is the Nina Cowl by Javeri Designs.

I know I haven't really reduced my number of wips! Pondering this eternal problem,  I think a better solution for me is to limit myself to one project in each hobby that I enjoy.

6 comments:

  1. Just make sure that you enjoy all your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a pretty scarf - the wool would make me itch though - I love it but I can't wear wool's

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty! Its been years since I knitted a cable, yours is looking so lovely. I really think there's nothing nicer than to put on your own handmade scarf in winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that scarf! Love the new cast on too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely Elaine! Knitting cables is fun too, I haven't done that for ages!

    ReplyDelete