28 December 2014

2014 Finishes

Looking back through my blog posts for this year, I am once again surprised and a little disappointed that I don't have any quilting finishes to share. I have started a couple of projects but not actually finished any of them! I do however have a couple of pieces of completed embroidery, I think it is because having the discipline of class each week during term time, really forces me to concentrate on a project and see it completed. I am still really enjoying learning all the different techniques.

I embellished this lovely fabric and made a lid for this box...
 I stitched this wonderful Crewelwork Robin kit by Nicola Jarvis and made a cushion...
 I finished my Tipsy Thistle crewelwork panel and made a bag...
 I knitted this cowl...
 and embroidered this picture of our cottage...
 I tried Goldwork and stitched a lid for this pretty trinket box...
 and finally I made a bag to hold all my embroidery tools.

I am not going to set rigid targets for 2015 as I will only fall off the wagon by February or sooner if a new design comes along!

However I do want to have some focus for the first few weeks of the New Year:

1. Start stitching the Mary Hurst Sampler with 57 (and counting!) other stitchers from Our Scarlett Letter Years Blog on 1st January
2. Start my Goldwork Sampler when class resumes in a couple of weeks
3. Continue to keep up with the Stonefields BOM and hopefully have a top by the end of 2015
4. Continue to work on Libby's Grand Illusion, I would like to have a completed quilt by her birthday in October.
5. Finish my pashmina scarf knitting project.

I also plan on doing a separate post publicly declaring all my WIPs! It would be wonderful if 2015 could be the year of the finish!

All that remains is to wish you all a very Happy and Healthy New Year, and thank you for reading my ramblings this past year!

6 comments:

  1. You shouldn't be disappointed as you have so many beautiful embroidery projects finished! I'm a bit like you in that I don't really want to set any goals for this year but hopefully I will have some finishes :) I've loved following your Stonefields progress and all the best for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very brave planning to declare your WIPs! No doubt it will comfort many of us!
    Anyway, who worries about quilting finishes when you have finished that many beautiful embroideries?
    I am not sure if I dare to set any goals for 2015 either....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your embroidery projects are lovely. I especially enjoyed following your posts about stitching the cottage and your Tipsy Thistle. I'm looking forward to seeing your 2015 projects! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It still looks like a very successful year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved seeing all of your finishes! I find I'm the same as you -- started various quilts, but didn't finish any. It's so much fun seeing all your finishes together. You must not have a lot of WIPs if you're brave enough to show them all. My number is embarrassing! lol! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading your posts in reverse order so have read the WIPs post already. I much prefer this as your achievements are fantastic. Keep positive about the WIPs too. I love to see the progress on the Green tea and sweet beans though.

    ReplyDelete