15 August 2014

Summer Slump & Autumn Goals

I have been in a bit of a slump sewing wise these last few weeks. We have just finished having lots of building work done and have also had a succession of family visitors to stay, unfortunately at the same time! (not planned!) More visitors arrive next week, leaving little time for sewing. We had a lovely week away in the sun last week and I came back revitalised :) I really wanted to start stitching again but couldn't decide what to work on - I even briefly contemplated starting a new project! I then gave myself a stern talking to and decided to start by tidying up my small sewing room, which had become a bit of a dumping ground...
Once everything was neatly tidied away, I decided to sort out the projects I want to focus on over the next few months. I have put everything I need for each project into one of my baskets - I can't start something new until I have an empty basket!

I want to work on My Green Tea & Sweet Beans quilt - you can see my progress to date HERE

The Downton Garden quilt - progress photos HERE

Birds of a Feather - sadly neglected since the beginning of 2013 - progress to date HERE
I also want to finish stitching Tipsy Thistle and make it into a project bag
Hopefully ready for embroidery class which starts again mid-September. I will work on my cottage embroidery then too.
This should be enough to keep me out of trouble for a while :)

11 comments:

  1. Lots of great fun projects! Love the Tea and Beans quilt, so colorful!! Your sewing room looks so beautiful and tidy! You are set to go! Sounds like you have been enjoying your summer. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of your project baskets. So nice to have each project all sorted and together and ready to grab when the mood strikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like what you have going with the "Birds of A Feather" quilt blocks. Would be a good one to finish. I say that as I have some blocks prepped but not stitched.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sewing room looks great and ready for lots of great finishes and new beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great organization of your sewing room!! I love the baskets for projects idea and also the finish one before you start another idea. I may have to steal that one for myself!! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ALL of your sewing projects and I have sewing room envy - those green boxes would be perfect in mine. I don't know how you managed to survive building and visitors at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects. Good job organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sewing room. All your projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful projects! Your sewing room looks so neat and organised now - You are sure to power ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you have some fantastic projects there.... lots of work...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  11. goodness you have been busy - I finally have a connection tonight and looking through blogs quickly to catch up - but too many to read!

    ReplyDelete