01 April 2014

Spring has definitely arrived!

A few weeks ago the River Thames burst it's banks and the entire Thames Valley was flooded; we were lucky the water did not come into our house, but we were surrounded by flood water for a couple of weeks, it was a sorry sight...
I was not hopeful that any of my plants or bulbs would survive, but of course I was wrong, it never ceases to amaze me how Mother Nature can bounce back so quickly; if anything the garden looks better than last year.





 The Hellebores in particular are stunning...








We are off to Rome tomorrow, I can't wait to see what comes up while we are gone :)

7 comments:

  1. Glad the flood waters missed your home but they seemed to have given your flowers a lovely boost!!! Happy Spring and vaca

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful flowers! glad the the flood missed your house have fun in Rome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing all those bulbs and hopefully not too many gardens have suffered from the floods - plants are amazingly resilient sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, isn't nature great?

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I would have totally flipped out with all that flooding! I'm so glad your house and garden survived. So scary! What beautiful spring flowers! We only have the first green shoots coming up now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Mother Nature did good, I imagine if the water had been there very long you might not be as lucky! I love spring time, new growth after a hard winter, so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden does look stunning! Being soaked through obviously did it good!

    ReplyDelete