13 June 2013

Changing my mind...

While waiting for Esther to publish the first part of the new 'Love Entwined' BOM and the fabric requirements, I decided to have a look in my stash to see what else I might have that I could use :) The postman has also just delivered this fabulous new book by the V & A...
look at these wonderful colours on the front cover, wouldn't they make a great quilt? I had a rummage and found some lovely pinks/reds...
spring greens, Hmmm maybe these are a little too washed out...
cobalt...
and some lemon for sparkle :)
I love how they play nicely together in this basket...
I also found a small piece and some scraps of Dutch chintz...
I will probably change my mind again by the time the first part is posted, but sometimes it is just fun to play with fabric! The nice thing about only having a black and white photo of the original is that it gets me away from trying to match the fabrics.
I am off to try out the linen I am thinking of using for the background - I only bought 50cm, it creases and frays like mad (still need to iron this piece!) I will need to cut larger pieces and overcast before use, but it has a lovely drape to it and will make a lovely fresh looking coverlet with these colours.

13 comments:

  1. you have lovely fabrics to use. I have not come close to figuring out what to use and need to see the patterns first. Very curious as to what the beginning will be - the center medallion i would think or at least part of it?
    I have a small stash and I don't think I will have the right colors - well surely have to search through things and decide

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! I just got that book in the mail too!! It is fabulous :) Love the fabric choices-- cant wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These fabric are fabulous. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'm drooling over your fabric choices. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful color combinations! You are so creative with color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, lovely colours! I have just signed up for this quilt too, so I'm off to look at fabrics........

    ReplyDelete
  7. Elaine, I was on the fence about doing Esther's new BOM, but reading about your choice to do it, and the fabrics you're going to work with has given me some incentive to do it as well.
    I only wish we could see the original quilt in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Oh how I laughed when I saw ALL your fabrics to choose from, just as well your room is so small or you would be buried in fabric LOL. My eyes popped when I saw all those reds then greens then yellow and blues too. My cotton stash is very very small BUT I would be ashamed to tell how many WIP's and Kimonos I have in boxes. Love love the Dutch chintz.. Cheers Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your colour choices, those Dutch chintz fabrics are beautiful- very close to the colours that I think I will use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have choosen wonderful fabrics !! Do you already know which background fabric you are going to use?
    I'm still thinking about the colors I want to use.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love love love Jacobean prints! Waverly used to have a lot. Both my comforter for master bedroom and guest room is Jacobean prints. I especially love the jewel tones!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to see you are going to do Esher's BOM. I' m not even looking at fabric until the pattern appears with amounts. I' m off to start a new quilt at the weekend with a 2day workshop with Marg Sampson George and I have enough anxiety trying to make a decision on fabrics for it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fabric choices and colours.

    ReplyDelete