22 January 2013
Trying something new
In February some of us in my applique group will start work on the fabulous Vintage Valentine quilt. I decided to get all my pieces prepped this afternoon so that I can start sewing on the 1st.
I used a Sewline glue stick to attach all the applique. I like that I can see how the finished block will look before I start stitching. The block is now completely portable. The pieces lift off with a little pressure very easily and the glue dissolves in water. I don't know how easy it will be to stitch and I don't know if the pieces will start to fray. I can always go back to my old way if this doesn't work. Sometimes it's good to try something new!