29 October 2020

Winter is Coming - The Penny Sampler

For several years now I have had in mind an idea to create a Winter Quilt, something in icy, frosty colours,  I have been picking up fabrics for it when on sale, but I couldn't quite decide on a design. This time last year however, I came across the Penny Sampler Quilt by Rachel at Stitched in Color I loved the design as soon as I saw it, we used to live in Stavanger, Norway and this quilt was exactly what I had been imagining :) I think Rachel originally designed it as a online course, but it is now available as a very detailed epattern instruction book.  I wanted to finish a couple of things before starting, and then Covid put a dampener on all my quilting creativity for most of this year  :( today is the first day I have felt ready to tackle a new quilt and all the decisions that go with it - Happy Days! My quilting mojo is back, and what a better pattern to start with than this, just as our clocks have gone back and Winter is Coming (We're watching Game of Thrones from the start too lol).





5 comments:

  1. glad to hear your quilting mojo is back - I think we are in for another long year of mainly staying home and being careful - well love to follow along on your progress on this quilt, hope you post photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Elaine! So glad your mojo came back for you. This looks like a really neat project. Love the low-volume frosty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Rachel's two sampler quilts. Yours is going to be gorgeous in those cool colors. I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always good to hear that the mojo is back! That's a lovely colour selection, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're ready to sew again, I'm ready to watch your progress. The fabrics you've selected are very nice. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete