08 August 2020

Lazy Summer Days

The beginning of July here was lovely and cool, perfect to continue my exploration of Crochet and finish some Knitting projects.  

I finished 'Green Lane' by Mary Henderson 

Ravelry Notes here: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/suller/green-lane

I really enjoyed knitting this and as I have finally mastered knitting with both my right and left hand, my colours remained tangle free.  The only criticism of the pattern I have is the yarn quantities stated, this was a pattern in The Knitter magazine in various sizes, and I think they just copied the amounts for each colour across, I ran out of background yarn and had to wait for more to come, the post has been very slow these last few weeks due to Covid and it seemed to take forever to arrive!


Cutting the centre Steek is always nerve wracking

I followed the pattern instructions to turn the excess to the back and slip stitch along the crocheted edge, but I didn't like how bulky this made the front opening, so I ripped it out and trimmed it right back, covering the raw edge with ribbon. 

I then swatched for my next start 'Trove' by Emma Ducher for PomPom magazine.  I love using Shetland wool for these colour work projects, but as it is not the called for yarn I made sure to swatch carefully.

Ravelry Notes Here: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/suller/trove

Just in time for the weather to change, it was 37.8C here last week and it's been 35C for the last couple of days (95 - 100F) and we don't have Air con here in England apparently we are drawing warm air from the Sahara desert  🥵  Far too hot to knit!

I decided to search through my project boxes in my sewing room, sadly neglected these last few months, I found an EPP I had started last summer. This is Cherish for Tales of Cloth.  Perfect for sitting in a cool room with the fan. 


Luckily all the fabrics I had pulled were also in the box, so I can prep some more when the weather cools.


These are by Bari J for Art Gallery Fabrics  from her 'Virtuoso' and 'Bloomsbury' ranges, along with some of the Pure Elements co-ordinating solids.



This for backing and binding

There are several more boxes with mysterious contents in them! I really must go through and document my WIPs again, I also found some fabrics I had pulled but I really can't remember what I planned for them lol! Does this happen to anyone else?  I found my blog really useful last year for keeping track and I did find it helpful to have a focus project. working on one thing until I am bored really helped my progress.  Maybe 2021 will be the year of the WIPs!

5 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, I've been finding Forgotten Objects, too...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater is lovely. You have quite a talent there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish on your cardi! You’re so brave to cut your knitting and I do like the idea of a ribbon finish. Lovely piecing projects. Can’t believe it’s been that hot in the UK! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works

    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:::::: {Universalcardshackers@gmail.com}
    Whatsapp:::::+31687835881

    #STAYSAFE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, the fabrics for Cherish are just scrumptious! Loving it.:)

    ReplyDelete