15 August 2020

Finally some Rain!

 We had an almighty thunderstorm on Thursday and the temperature instantly dropped 8oC thank goodness, it has now settled around the mid 20sC (High 70s F) which is where it should be at this time of year, much to the relief of poor Jasper!


I spent most of the week working on my laptop trying to stay cool but I did manage a little hand piecing



It feels good to work with nice bright colours at the moment


I think I need 20 full hexagons and then 5 or 6 1/2 blocks



Yesterday I played around with some lovely corona/bamboo yarn, I bought this pack to make a Crochet Blanket as I love the colours, but the blanket is way too difficult for my current Crochet skill level and I don't think I want to spend the time on other Crochet projects to improve enough.  I know the basics and enough to add some detail to Knitting which is good enough for me, I just don't love it like I do knitting.


I don't know whether to try a simpler Crochet Blanket or Knit a spring/summer cardigan or two with the yarn?  













3 comments:

  1. Just lovely hand pieced blocks!! I feel the same about crochet--knitting was what i loved doing in the day...
    I would go for the cardigan with that gorgeous (envy!!) yarn--great colors and it looks so nice to work with...just sayin' ;)))
    Hugs from afar, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you just love that fancy crochet blanket that you show - I love Jane Crow's designs but I am a very basic crochet/knitter and I am not sure if I would be able to crochet any of those flowers!! Love your pieced blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pieced blocks are so bright and fun. Just what a person needs to cheer them up. You do such lovely knitting I wouldn't worry about the crochet project.

    ReplyDelete