21 December 2012

Easy Street Mystery - Clue 5

Bonnie has just published clue 5 for this fun mystery. In honour of Christmas she has very kindly made it any easy task this week. I was able to get these done in a couple of hours after lunch. We had to cut one large and two small squares and then sew one side and then the other.
After the fiasco of last week when I managed to sew all my geese upside down, this week I think I got it right! Bonnie has named these 'sitting turkeys' rather than elongated geese as she promised no more geese! I think I prefer to call them swans! Whatever you call them, call them done and I hope I used the correct colours!!
The bags of units are starting to add up, it will be fun when actually we start putting them together.
Maybe someone could help me explain why it is that no matter how much I cut, the scrap basket still seems to be overflowing! Does fabric multiply when you are not looking? I seem to have more than I started with!!



8 comments:

  1. Pleased to hear part 5 is not too difficult. I am a bit behind and have lst track of where I am, but the next few days are clear to get back on track. Your colours are looking lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know about multiply but I never seem to have enough storage for everything I accumlate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, those little bits of fabric are in there doing the nasty when you aren't looking. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Merry Christmas to you across the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swans! Another new name for this block. Your swans look lovely and are warm and inviting. I can't wait to find out just what Bonnie has in mind for us. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, your colors are so beautifully rich. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've chosen lovely colors for yours... looking forward to seeing how it will all go together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so organised with the little baggies. Mine are just thrown into a basket LOL. Great colours! Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see this mystery come together..and your colors!

    ReplyDelete